Apr 22

East meets Breast – Boobquake Day

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 in Humourarse, Little known facts, Rantings, Strange and Unusual

I can understand how women baring too much skin could cause earthquakes, after all, if we can cause cow’s milk to sour and a pestilence on the spuds, it naturally stands to reason. That’s why I wasn’t surprised at all when I read the following quote;

“Many women who do not dress modestly … lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes …” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, senior Iranian cleric

I am therefore outraged that Blag Hag, an irresponsible and reckless blogger in Indiana has decided to put millions of people’s lives at risk by staging a national ‘low-cut top’ day on Monday 26th April that she calls ‘Boobquake Day’.

“On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that’s your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake. If not, I’m sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn’t rumble. And if we really get through to him, maybe it’ll be one involving plate tectonics.”

Disgraceful, endangering people like that.

She’s on the facebook and the twitter, and is brazenly flaunting her boobs in everyone’s face which is all well and good when you’re all sprightly and perky, but what if you look like this lady:

I am afraid.  Allāh will not like it. Not even one little bit.

Hopefully you will have no choice but to bear
    your bosoms on the 26th,the wee one will need
    feeding, earthquakes or not!

So on this day maybe I should wear very tight pants with no underwear? In solidarity with Boobquake Day…. No wait! That would just scare the children and domesticated animals too!

3. Fat Sparrow says:

The Fledgling’s Uni is ground zero for short shorts, the Spouse loves it when we visit there. So they’ll be participating on any day that ends in “y,” pretty much. And, AND, I just realized that the 26th is the day that we pick her up for break. So I’ll try to get some of my GG cleavage going on while we’re in the land of short shorts. It’s supposed to be upwards of 78 degrees on Monday, so I may even wear (gasp!) capris, too.

Of course if there is an earthquake here I am so suing you guys.

I love East meets Breast, clever girl!

Meybe the baby will feel the earthquake on monday and shake its teeny booty on out :)

5. [...] Our K8 wrote about a very interesting experiment.  Apparently, all women are to display as much of their cleavage as possible next Monday to see if it causes an earthquake.  K8 seems a little dubious about it all, but I think it has its merits, purely in the interest of scientific research of course.  In fact, I shall be out on Monday with my notebook and camera to monitor the experiment.  [...]

Just got your Skype message! Breath baby breathe . . .Grandad, get off the internets and over to K8’s. Boobage is good, in all it’s manifestations.

Granny; Good point! Patriotic to the cause by default.

BrianF; Short shorts and Commando are good, arse cracks are an added bonus apparently.

Fat Sparrow; Oh. You with your sunshine and freshly picked oranges flaunting your bosoms. This does not bode well for topography. Or top-off raphy?

Jo; I shamefully stole that title from the comment boxes :) Shhh….

Baino; Still here – it’s a slow day in the baby department. Where did I leave that trampoline?!?