Sep 20

Such is life.

Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 in Uncategorized

She went far far away and left her cat with Pacino, who also bought her car and promised to forward the cash.  A month later, the cat got run over but survived; the car’s fender got seriously bent, but survived.  Pacino lost his job, but this is unrelated.  The cat recovers quietly in the garden while the hair slowly falls off its blackened tail… I think it might be a Manx cat soon.  I want to take it into my house and spoil it but Pacino likes the company.  He owes me money, but that’s also unrelated.

She calls me up and panics over the line, which is difficult to deal with when there’s a five second time-delay; I keep interrupting her by mistake.  She demands to know why Pacino’s phone doesn’t work and pleads with me to get him to forward some money else she’s out on her ear.  She would then be forced to come home and find that her car is worthless and I don’t want to be around if that happens.

I have to go now and think up some harsh words for Pacino, but I’m shit with confrontation.  I want to slap him and tell him to stop being a gobshite most of all, but that would only make me feel good because I’m not the one with the problem.  I could go and mother him and try to get him to admit that he needs help, but he’s a proud fucker and would take an eternity to crack.  I could waft a few hundreds in his face and tell him I’ll go halfway if he can match it, only to have him owe me more money that can’t be repaid.  I feel sorry for him.  I feel sorry for her.  I don’t know what to do next.

I think that this is just not your sad problem to fix, hon.

2. How lovely to be in the middle, GAH. Good luck with this mess. You could call Maeve Binchy and ask her how to write this trio of characters out of such a mess.

No, on second thought… call Stephen King.

3. GrowUp says:

She can’t make a proper decision without all the facts.

4. holemaster says:

That must have been one hell of a big cat to dent a fender that much.

Jo; I know, but fixing other people’s problems makes me forget about my own! I need a job.

Susan; Yes everyone could benefit from a Needful Things shop right about now.

GrowUp; This is true. That ‘need to know basis’ line is getting very thin.

Holemaster; I warned him not to let the cat drive but he wouldn’t listen!

6. Next time she rings you, take your phone over to his house and hand her over. The only way they’re going to get anywhere is if they talk to each other. Even if it was your responsibility to do something, I’m not sure what you could do in this situation. Good luck!

That’s the best thing to do, you’re right. He’s evasive though… I’ll have to staple my phone to him and carry him around on the end of a lead until this mess is sorted.

8. SaS says:

Entice the cat to yours with some tempting food/wig for its tail and then hold it to ransom until Pacino pays up. Or embarrass him into paying up by reminding him of Dog Day Afternoon and the desperate measures he took to help his boyfriend…

Ha! Good point!

10. […] stole Pacino’s cat.  I fear that if it had been left with him any longer it would soon be an ex-cat.  It’s […]